Solution for eyebrow missing spot or thin brow
Eyebrow transplantation might yet be very well-known since there several ways to increase the density of eyebrow like cosmetic pencils/ tattoo/ artificial hair, etc. But the eyebrow transplantation can be an option for the one who want the natural look especially in men who cosmetic or tattoo is not really appropriate.
The principle is to harvest the hair from the scalp and put the graft onto the eyebrow as needed
Eyebrow transplantation process:
The good conditions
- The case of missing eyebrow. From trauma/disease.
- The case of thin eyebrow, may be congenital/trauma/skin disease.
- The case of previously tattooing and would like to add up the hair on top for better 3 dimensional feeling.
- The case of previously tattooing but do not satisfied and then has LASER removal and end up with eyebrow loss.
- Placing the graft onto the expected area in need.
The eyebrow transplantation is more like a scalp hair transplantation. However, the scar on the back is a lot less since we require only a small strip and small number of hair. The transplanted eyebrow can shade off within the first 2-3 weeks after surgery and regrow again after 3-4 months from returning to Anagen phase again.
The good conditions for eyebrow transplantation are as followings:
- The transplanted eyebrow maintain the property of the hair on the scalp which will grow longer than the length of natural eyebrow. The patient has to trim off regularly.
- There may be some dandruff like scalp hair. The patient can use the antidandruff hair product.
- When the patient ages, there can be a chance that hair turn gray, like the donor hair. However, it may be up to 10-20 years to change.
- The surgery is on the out-patient basis. The local anesthesia is required. The operative time is rely on the extension of the planted sites. The average time for surgery is 2-4 hours. The patient can be home afterward.
- The transplanted eyebrow is dark initially due to scabs and bruised. At the second week, the scab are loosened and can be cleared after that. The shade of eyebrow will be fading with time.
We can do either strip method or FUE method to transfer the scalp hair to the facial area.
Beard and mustache Transplantation
The process is done under local anesthesia. The hair follicles are extracted from the donor site and then transfer to the recipient facial area.
The surgery is taken in one day and we require your stay as:
Day 1: surgery
Day 2 : postop. clean/wound care
Day 3 : Free travel
Day 5 : Stitches removal [In case of strip technique]
Regrowth of the facial hair in 4 months – Optimal result should be seen in 1 year
Recovery phase for donor area:
FUE method 2 weeks
FUT or strip 6 months – 1 year (no one can see the cut since it was coverring by existing hair)
Recovery for the recipient site:
Swelling subside in 1 weeks
Red color fade in 2-3 month
Transplanted facial hair shed in 3 weeks
Eyebrow, beard and mustache transplantation instructions
Following these instructions will ensure the success of the procedure
Strenuous exercise should be limited at least 2 weeks.
Any activity that create too much sweat should be refrained. The steam or sauna should be avoided at least 2 weeks.
Avoid drinking and smoking at least 48 hours.
Alcohol thins the blood and can interfere with anesthesia in addition to potential bleeding complications.
Use the ointment to moisten the transplanted site and tame the direction of the eyebrow.
It can be starting after 48 hours and continue until 7-14 days.
The swelling can be seen in 2-3 days.
Use the ice pack in the first 24 hours and upright position will help reduce the swelling.
Do not scrub or scratch on the transplanted site at least 48 hours.
Wound clean can be starting in 24 hours with soft and gentle rinse with soap. The cleaning should be done 2 times a day. The donor site should be washing as well in the next day.
There may be some stitches that need to remove in 5-7 days.
In the rare cases we have to use FUT method instead of FUE method
The hair dye and perm can be resumed after 4 weeks.
Any chemical products applied to your new transplanted hair may affect the results
The trimming of the eyebrow can be starting after 2 weeks.
Be sure to use your own sterilised equipement or else wait 1 month.